Agile Writer: Method is a practical explanation of what makes a great story and how to create a plan to write it. Smith breaks the novel down into 8 stages each composed of 30 pages. Each stage tells a specific part of the story. Then, he helps the writer create a plan to write 10 pages a week for 25 weeks until a first-draft novel of 250 pages is complete.
Inside you’ll find guidance on how to create
* Story Abstract – a one-page description of your story
* Hero Abstract – a one-page ouline of the main character
* Synopsis – an 8-page treatment of your story
* The Agile Storyboard – an 8-stage breakdown of the novel
In Reel Heroes: Volume 1, writing expert Greg Smith and noted psychologist Scott Allison describe the elements of the classic hero journey and offer reasons why heroes are psychologically important to us all. Inside this book you’ll find:
* A new classification scheme identifying movies heroes as Lone Heroes, Duos, orEnsembles.
* A review of 75 movies released in 2013, showing you which movies excel in portraying the hero’s journey and which movies fall flat.
* Smith and Allison’s choices for Best Movies and Worst Movies, along with the Best Movie Heroes of 2013.
* Their analysis of Five Great Truths about movie heroes.
Matt Langdon, the founder of The Hero Construction Company, introduces the book with a thoughtful Forward in which he discusses the link between movie heroes and the hero journey in classic myth as outlined by Joseph Campbell.
We all love heroes… We all love to hate villains… But how well do movies create characters that we love and hate? Psychologist Scott Allison and writing expert Greg Smith present a new way of understanding heroes and villains. Inside this book you’ll find: * An innovative new classification scheme of heroes and villains * The key to good characters in the movies: Transformation * The Eight Great Arcs of Transformations in heroes and villains * How heroes and villains transform morally, emotionally, and physically * How the hero’s journey differs from the villain’s journey * 50 reviews of movie heroes and villains in 2014 “Allison and Smith have deftly crafted THE premier text of heroes and villains in contemporary cinema. A shiny portrait that brilliantly dissects the hero-villain dichotomy through a dense mixture of passion, knowledge, and humor to offer profound insights into the hero-villain relationship.” — Jason Roy, The Hero Construction Company